Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chili Night

 Chili night is here.I can almost smell the aroma as we walk the isles in the supermarket. Slowly we round the corner to the dairy section.A list would be in order,but that will have to be next time.Mom asked, what do we need? I promptly replied,lots of cheese and thousand island dressing to dip my chicken strips in.I'm a kid so I like to think ahead.Mom said,lets get home and start the chili!Yes,I  thought,it will be a nice night at home and I'll even share our recipe.     Easy Chili    1/2 cup chopped onion,   1 tbsp.butter, 2 lb. ground beef, 2/3 cup catsup, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 2 tbsp. lemon juice ,1 tbsp. brown sugar,1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce,  1 1/2  tsp.  salt,1 tsp. vinegar, 1/4 tsp. dry mustard   Saut'e onion in butter. Add beef and brown lightly.Drain off exess fat. Add rest of the ingredients; simmer covered for 15 min. Add 2 cans kidney beans or chili beans,including liquid, 2 cups tomatoe juice,3 to 4 tsp. chilli powder.Simmer 20 min.  Season to taste.Top with grated cheese. Sour cream is good,too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment